CHI St. Luke’s Health is Creating Healthy Communities
CHI St. Luke’s Health is dedicated to a mission of enhancing community health through high-quality, cost-effective care. In partnership with physicians and community partners, CHI St. Luke’s Health is committed to excellence and compassion in caring for the whole person while creating healthier communities. Health is not merely the absence of illness or the presence of physical health. Achieving a truly healthy community encompasses – or works toward – all the elements that lead to health.
We are involved in our community in many ways:
- Delivery of health care
- Participating in community events
- Advocating for the poor and vulnerable
- Community benefit
What is Community Benefit?
A response to an identified Community Need that meets one of the following:
- Improves access to health care services
- Enhances the health of the community
- Advances medical or health care knowledge
- Relieves or reduces the burden of government or other community effort
Source: Catholic Health Association (2012)
Learn more about Community Health Needs Assessments and Implementation Strategies
- Catholic Health Association – http.//www.chausa.org
Houston Community Health Improvement Plan - http://www.houstontx.gov/health/reports/Houston_CHIP_2013.pdf
Healthy Living Matters: A Community Action Plan for a Healthier Harris County - http://www.healthylivingmatters.net/userfiles/Servers/Server_59212/file/...