In 2001, Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center was the first hospital in Texas and the 33rd nationally to receive an ANCC Magnet® Designation for Nursing Excellence, the highest honor bestowed to a hospital for nursing. Since then, we have become a five-time Magnet-recognized hospital—an achievement only 1 percent of facilities have reached.
What a Magnet Designation Means to You
A major criteria for achieving and maintaining Magnet recognition is outperforming national averages in nurse engagement, patient satisfaction, and quality indicators.
Magnet recognition enables hospitals to:
- Attract and retain top talent
- Improve patient care, safety, and satisfaction
- Foster a collaborative culture
- Advance nursing standards and practice
- As we cultivate a supportive environment for caregivers, our team can provide exemplary care to our patients and their families. Learn more about the established initiatives that demonstrate our commitment to nursing excellence.