Social Workers at This Location
Jessica Miller, BSN, RN
Nurse Navigator for Hematology/Oncology Department
Dan L. Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center
St. Luke’s Hospital in the Woodlands, TX
- Assists in care coordination between various providers during new oncology diagnosis
- Provides patient and family education regarding upcoming treatment process and doctor visits
- Helps provide support to patient and family members to eliminate barriers to care
- Participates in patient support groups and tumor board to provide better holistic and multidisciplinary care
- Collaborates with various hospital departments, such as Interventional Radiology, Women’s Imaging, Radiation Oncology, etc…, to obtain appropriate patient appointments
Jessica grew up south of Denver, Colorado and attended nursing school at Regis University. She moved to Conroe, Texas in August 2017.
Anne Litsey, LCSW-S
Oncology Social Worker
Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center
St. Luke’s Hospital in The Woodlands, TX
17198 St. Luke’s Way, Suite 200, The Woodlands, TX 77384
- Oncology social workers are licensed professionals who assist patients and their families by providing emotional support and helping patient’s access practical assistance through all phases of the cancer experience.
- Oncology social workers offer both one-on-one and group counseling which help patients and their families address a wide variety of emotions that sometimes come with a new diagnosis. Counseling and support groups can help patients develop new coping skills and can connect patients with other people who are going through similar experiences.
- Oncology social worker’s also assist with a wide variety of practical concerns or barriers to care that may arise with a cancer diagnosis; issues related to work and family, transportation, financial concerns, advance directives, transportation, etc.
Originally from Upstate NY, Anne has called Texas home for the past 25 years. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Rochester Institute of Technology, and a Master’s Degree in Social Work from The Graduate College of Social Work at The University of Houston. In addition to oncology, she has worked as a social worker in a wide variety of settings including hospice, HIV, domestic violence, sexual assault, and trauma.