At Patients Medical Center, we understand that obesity is a complex chronic disease. There isn’t one therapy that works for everyone, and success looks very different on an individual basis. That’s why we provide our patients with the tools and information they need to make the decisions that work best for them. Our comprehensive program and multidisciplinary team are here to help you achieve your goals.
Our multispecialty program offers:
- Medical clearance to ensure all risk factors and comorbidities are handled appropriately before surgery.
- Nutritional counseling to provide a solid foundation for our patients’ weight loss success post-procedure.
- Mental health consultation to deal with any pre-procedure anxiety as well as to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of eating disorders and decrease the risk of future transfer addictions.
- Quarterly dedicated support groups to provide emotional support and guidance from others who are going through the same experience.
- Follow-up care after your procedure, specific to your health and the procedure you underwent.
MBSAQIP Comprehensive Center Accreditation
The American College of Surgeons (ACS) Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP), in partnership with the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS), recently provided St. Luke's Health Patients Medical Center a Comprehensive Center accreditation.
An MBSAQIP accreditation for St. Luke's Health Patients Medical Center acknowledges its commitment to providing and supporting quality improvement and patient safety efforts for metabolic and bariatric surgery patients by providing multidisciplinary, high-quality, patient-centered care.