St. Luke's Health-The Woodlands Hospital offers the community of North Harris and Montgomery County world-class treatments and services. As an Accredited Bariatric Surgery Center, we offer advanced treatment options in a convenient location. We believe in supporting patients through every step of the process - before, during and after their weight loss procedure.
Why St. Luke's Health-The Woodlands Hospital?
St. Luke's Health-The Woodlands Hospital offers world-class care and cutting-edge technology, including:
- Highly skilled surgeons
- Leading-edge technology
- Over 1,500 operations performed
- Multidisciplinary approach
- Robotic-assisted surgery
- Non-surgical options
- Support groups and nutrition counseling
Yong Choi, MD
Dr. Yong Choi joined St. Luke’s Health–The Woodlands Hospital as a minimally invasive surgeon. He brings with him decades of expertise to help patients in life-changing ways.
James Dickerson, MD
Dr. James Dickerson joined St. Luke's Health-The Woodlands as full-service bariatric surgeon. He brings several of years of expertise to help patients achieve their goals.
Mallory Garner, MS, ATC, LAT
Mallory Garner is Bariatric and Wellness Coordinator at St. Luke’s Health–The Woodlands Hospital.
When deciding on bariatric surgery, it is very important to consider your lifestyle, age, health status and pre-existing conditions. At St. Luke's Health-The Woodlands Hospital, we take the time to carefully evaluate all of these factors and determine the best option for you. We provide highly personalized care with respect and compassion. We will recommend a procedure and plan that will enable life-long changes and move you toward improved health that enables you to live life as you want it.
As part of your procedure, our experts offer:
- Medical clearance to ensure all risk factors and comorbidities are handled appropriately before surgery.
- Nutritional counseling to create a solid foundation for successful weight loss after surgery.
- Mental health consultation to address anxiety prior to surgery, support diagnosis and treatment of eating disorders and reduce the risk of future transfer dependencies.
- Monthly dedicated support groups to provide emotional support and guidance from others going through the same experience.
- Follow-up care after the procedure that is specially adapted to your health and the procedure you have performed.
Personalized bariatric solutions
Meet Yong Choi, MD, board-certified surgeon at St. Luke's Health-The Woodlands Hospital. A Houston native and graduate of West Point, Dr. Choi is passionate about providing personalized weight loss solutions to patients and committed to working with patients throughout each process so that they have a deep understanding of what is right for themselves.