Specializing in minimally invasive cardiac surgery, our experts treat diseases within the heart and chest. In addition, we:
- Provide unparalleled clinical care and service in an environment consistent with the rapidly changing medical landscape.
- Initiate, foster, and enlarge innovative cardiothoracic research programs.
- Conduct educational programs that enrich the local, national, and worldwide surgical communities as well as produce the academic and clinical leaders of tomorrow.
What are the benefits of minimally invasive heart surgery?
During these procedures, our world-class cardiovascular surgeons at St. Luke's Health use small "keyhole" incisions. These smaller openings can provide several benefits to patients, including:
- Shorter surgery
- Reduced hospital stay
- Reduced risk of infection
- Faster healing
- Less pain
- Minimal scarring
Who is eligible for a minimally invasive cardiac procedure?
Not everyone is a candidate for these types of procedures. In those cases, open-heart surgery offers another solution. Your cardiovascular surgeon will determine if you are eligible by evaluating certain criteria, including:
- The type of procedure you need
- Your age
- Your health history
- The severity of your condition
Schedule an appointment with a St. Luke's Health cardiologist to learn more.