James Dickerson, MD, FACS, FASMBS
Bariatric Surgery Acid Reflux General Surgery Weight Loss Surgery
Lakeside Hospital, The Woodlands Hospital
Schedule an Appointment936-266-2690
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
James A. Dickerson II, MD, received his undergraduate degree from the United States Military Academy at West Point in 1994. He earned his medical degree from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Maryland, and completed his residency at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. Dr. Dickerson also completed a Fellowship in Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina in 2011. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons.
Dr. Dickerson served as the Chief of General Surgery at both Carl R. Darnall and Brooke Army Medical Center, and served as Surgery Program Director at Brooke Army Medical Center for three years. He retired from the Army as a Colonel after 25 years of service.
- Full-service bariatric surgery (laparoscopic, robotic, and revisional)
- Complex hernia and abdominal wall reconstruction
- Heller myotomy for treatment of Achalasia
- Full scope of anti-reflux surgery
- General surgery including open, laparosopic, and robotic surgery
- Wound care
- Wound Care
Years of Experience: 9
If this is an emergency, dial 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency department.