Frequently Asked Questions
What is a virtual visit?
We know how busy life can get and how valuable your time is. That’s why we’re pleased to offer virtual video visits, an efficient way to get trusted medical advice and treatment, right on your device. A virtual visit is an appointment with your provider during which live video is used. All aspects and quality of the visit are similar to an in-person visit, except you do not have to drive to the clinic.
What is the cost of a virtual visit?
The cost of a virtual visit is about the same as it would cost if you were to see the provider in person.
Will there be a co-pay?
It depends on your insurance coverage. If you are required to pay a co-pay during an in-person visit, then it will also apply for your video visit. You may receive a mailed request for payment.
What do I need to use a video visit?
You must have an internet-enabled device with a camera, microphone, and a speaker. Examples include smartphones, tablets and desktop computers. Cellular data charges may apply if you are not using Wi-Fi for your connection; check with your carrier if you have questions about your data plan. You will also need a Patient Portal account.
How do I sign up for a Patient Portal account?
If you don’t already have a Patient Portal account, our Call Center will help you set one up. Call 936-776-5347 and let them know you’d like to set up a Patient Portal account for a virtual visit. You will not be able to create an account online yourself.
How long does a visit last?
Depending on the nature of your visit, it should be no different than an in-person visit.
Do I have to be in a specific location for a virtual visit?
You may be in any location where you can safely access your device and have optimal internet connectivity. We recommend finding a location where you can keep your personal health information private.
Are there special tools/equipment I will need for my virtual appointment?
Depending on the nature of your visit, a thermometer, blood pressure measurement, and a flashlight could be helpful.
Do you record any virtual visits?
Virtual visits are never recorded and are encrypted to ensure privacy. They are also HIPAA compliant so they protect your privacy. Learn more here.
Where do I go for technical support related to the healow app?
Please find FAQs related to the use of the healow app on their website. If you are having trouble setting up or accessing your account, please call us at 936-776-5347.
How do I join the virtual visit from my device?
Joining from a mobile device:
- Click the link provided in your email confirmation or text message reminder to access your appointment, or download the healow app and perform the following steps.
- Log in to the healow app on your smartphone or tablet using your Patient Portal credentials. If this is your first time logging in to the app:
- Click “Get Started” and then click on the box to enter the practice code provided by your doctor’s office, or enter your doctor’s contact number.
- Enter your Patient Portal credentials.
- Create a 4-digit PIN for future logins.
- Click “OK” to allow access to camera and microphone.
- Click on the Appointments section in the top of the circle on your home screen. This will take you to a list of all scheduled appointments.
- Click on today’s appointment.
- Click “Start TeleVisit.”
- Enter your vitals to the best of your knowledge and click “Submit Vitals.” If you do not want to enter any information, click “Submit Vitals” without entering information to continue.
- Accept the Informed Consent to Telemedicine Consultation to continue to your appointment, or click “Review Vitals” to make any changes.
- The link to the TeleVisit waiting room will display. The Start TeleVisit tab displays in orange 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment time. Click “Start TeleVisit” to enter the
- waiting room un
- til the provider joins. When they join, the video will begin.
Joining from a computer:
- Click the link in your confirmation email to access your appointment, or proceed through your Patient Portal account and perform the following steps.
- Log in to the Patient Portal. The homepage window will display any upcoming appointments.
- Click “Join TeleVisit.”
- Enter responses to any displayed questionnaire and click “Submit Questionnaire.”
- In the Vitals Check displays, enter any known vitals and click “Submit Vitals” (patients can skip if vitals are unknown).
- The system will now perform a compatibility check for required software and hardware to conduct the TeleVisit. To do so:
- Click “Allow” in the top left corner of the Compatibility Test pop-up box to use the camera.
- Click “Allow” in the next pop-up box to use the microphone.
- After the compatibility check is complete, click “Proceed.”
- A confirmation message indicating that the questionnaire and vitals have been submitted will display along with the link to the TeleVisit waiting room. The Start TeleVisit tab will display in orange 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment time. When you’re ready, click “Start TeleVisit.”
- A message will display about waiting for the provider to join. Once the provider joins, a message will display asking you to allow the camera and microphone. Click “Yes” to allow access. The TeleVisit window will open, and the video call will begin.
Back to top