HOUSTON (March 11, 2020) – In an effort to further prevent the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and protect our patients, visitors, employees, and physicians, we are enhancing our visitor policy across the CHI Texas Division while taking into account market-specific epidemiologic factors.
Effective Immediately Across all CHI Texas Division Facilities
Out of an abundance of caution and in an effort to further prevent the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), we are enhancing our visitor policy across all CHI Texas facilities in the Greater Houston, Lufkin-Memorial, and College Station markets while taking into account market-specific epidemiologic factors.
The modified visitor policy restricts the number of visitors to two (2) adult visitors per patient per day for non-isolation patients and one (1) adult visitor per patient per day for isolation patients. The new policy also limits the number of entry points at each facility. Additionally, visitors may be asked to wear a mask, gown, or gloves depending on the health condition of the patient they’re visiting. Visitors may be screened upon entering the hospital and visitors who are ill will not be allowed to enter the facility unless seeking care. Visitors will be instructed not to visit common areas, such as cafeterias, waiting rooms, lobbies, and gift shops.
Below are facilities impacted by the modified visitor policy:
St. Luke’s Health (serving the Greater Houston community)
- Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
- St. Luke’s Health—Lakeside Hospital
- St. Luke’s Health—Springwoods Village Hospital
- St. Luke’s Health—The Vintage Hospital
- St. Luke’s Health—The Woodlands Hospital
- St. Luke’s Health—Sugar Land Hospital
- St. Luke’s Health—Patients Medical Center
St. Luke’s Health Memorial (serving the communities in Lufkin, Livingston, and San Augustine)
- St. Luke’s Health Memorial Lufkin
- St. Luke’s Health Memorial San Augustine
- St. Luke’s Health Memorial Livingston
St. Joseph Health (serving the Brazos Valley community)
- St. Joseph Health Regional Hospital
- St. Joseph Health Grimes Hospital
- St. Joseph Health Madison Hospital
- St. Joseph Health Burleson Hospital
- St. Joseph Health College Station Hospital
For more information, visit CHITX.org.