St. Luke's Health–Patients Medical Center (Patients Medical Center) recently celebrated its first decade of clinical excellence.
Opened in April 2007, the hospital has remained a trusted healthcare partner for residents of the Pasadena, Deer Park, Clear Lake, and Baytown communities.
"It gives me great pride in joining Patients Medical Center employees, volunteers, partners, and medical staff in celebrating the hospital's 10th anniversary," said Steven Foster, president of Patients Medical Center, at a special commemorative event at the hospital. "We've come a long way since our first patient in 2007. We're excited about our future as the hospital continues to grow and create healthier communities."
Patients Medical Center continues to be recognized for its high quality care. Throughout the year, patients get the opportunity to complete the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) Survey—an ongoing, random survey measuring patients care experience and satisfaction. This national survey was developed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), along with the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
Overall, patients in the survey rated Patients Medical Center in the 95th percentile for outpatient care, 95th percentile for outpatient rehabilitation, and 75th percentile for inpatient care. These high scores meet and exceed national benchmarks and are a true testament to the hospital's commitment to placing patients first in all they do.
In addition to providing high quality care, Patients Medical Center has remained committed to giving back to the community. Some highlights include:
- Raised nearly $20,000 for the American Heart Association to help improve cardiovascular health and participated in the Bay Area Heart Walk
- Hosted free lectures and trainings, such as a Heartsaver® CPR training class to help people learn how to use CPR, a Safe Sitter class for boys and girls interested in babysitting, and a Healthy Living Series focused on a range of health and wellness topics
- Donated funds and food to stock the Southeast Area Ministries food pantry
- Sponsored community events, such as the Texas McDonald Invitational Basketball Tournament and Rugged Race, which helps provide Pasadena schools with healthy resources for children
- Paid, over the past 10 years, $3,417,220 in city/school taxes; $6,952,315 in county taxes; $14,070,761 in payroll taxes; and provided $50,132,949 in charity care and bad debt care