The Volunteer Auxiliary at St. Luke’s Health-Memorial unanimously voted to donate nearly $40,000 in equipment to the hospital.
Each quarter of the year, the departments within the hospital have the opportunity to submit requests to the Volunteer Auxiliary for needed equipment. The volunteers use the money they receive through Gift Shop proceeds and various fundraisers to provide these generous donations.
“It’s an honor and privilege to give back to this hospital because we know how much the staff does for our community,” said Don Newland, Volunteer Auxiliary President. “We look at this as our way of helping the hospital achieve its ultimate goal of providing the utmost in quality health care.We were so pleased to be able to give so much this time which will benefit five different departments in the hospital.”
The volunteers donated the funds to purchase:
- Laborie Port-a-scan Bladder Scanner for the Cancer Center for $10,766.00
- Two Post-Operative Vital Sign Machines for K4 for $6,604.48
- Two Vital Sign Machines for Calder 1 for $5,833.92
- Otoscope/Ophthalmoscope Set for Calder 1 for $841.45
- Blood Pressure Machine for L&D for $2,916.96
- Prime Big Wheel Stretchers for Day Surgery for $10,485.44
For more information on joining this extraordinary group of volunteers, go to CHIStLukesHealthMemorial.org/community/volunteers or call 639-7237.