St. Luke’s Health is committed to advancing cardiovascular medicine and creating healthier communities. Together with Texas Heart® Institute, an internationally recognized leader in cardiovascular care, and Baylor College of Medicine, one of the top medical schools in the country, we have an unparalleled level of research capabilities and collaboration that paves the way for even more revolutionary discoveries. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report recently recognized Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center as one of the best hospitals in the country for cardiology and heart surgery for 2021-22.
Innovations in cardiovascular care
From the first implantation of an artificial heart in a human to treating even the most complex conditions, St. Luke’s Health has a history of providing hope to patients from all over the world. Through our research and clinical excellence, we are able to achieve more life-changing breakthroughs, discover more methods of prevention, and save more lives than ever before.
With the ability to care for patients with some of the most complex conditions, our hospitals throughout the Greater Houston and East Texas areas often pick up where others were unable to continue.
Cardiology Services provided:
- Interventional cardiology
- Coronary angioplasty and stenting
- Coronary artery FFR and IVUS
- Coronary Rotational Atherectomy
- Vascular medicine
- Arterial angioplasty and stenting
- (lower extremities, upper extremities, renal artery, celiac artery, SMA and IMA)
- Directional atherectomy
- Laser atherectomy
- Venous thrombectomy
- Lytic catheter infusion
- Angiojet and Trelis therapies
- IVC filter placement and removal
- Porta cath placement
- Tunnel line and dialysis catheter placement