Halloween is the 5th highest-ranking holiday for children’s emergency room visits. We think the scariest part of Halloween should not involve a trip to the ER. The most common emergencies on Halloween can be avoided with these safety tips.
Certain costumes can become hazardous to the safety of the wearer and those surrounding. Be sure to only wear costumes that do not pose a danger. Follow these tips when choosing a costume and accessories.
- Avoid dark-colored costumes without reflectors.
- Avoid costume elements that impair vision, such as masks or headwear.
- Avoid long, loose costumes to prevent tripping.
- Make sure no part of the costume is flammable.
- Do not carry long or sharp props.
- Do not use decorative contact lenses that were not prescribed by an eyecare professional.