Gastroenterology & GI Surgery
Call to speak with our care coordinators: +1 832-355-3350
The Baylor College of Medicine General Thoracic Surgery group at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center offers the full range of thoracic and foregut surgery, no matter the complexity.
Why Choose Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center?
- Premier Gastroenterology Hospital. U.S. News & World Report has consistently recognized Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center as a ranked center for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery.
- Highly Trained Physicians. Dr. Shawn Groth, Director of Esophageal Surgical Services at Baylor College of Medicine, brings experience to the clinic, completing over 400 surgical cases each year and over 300 robotic surgical cases to date. As a proctor for Intuitive, he shares his robotic thoracic surgery knowledge to train surgeons across the nation on best practices.
- A Leader in GI Research. With over 170 papers in scientific journals and over $8.9 million in research funding in 2019, the Center remains a leader in research in gastrointestinal and liver diseases.
- Variety of Procedures. Our team has experience performing esophagectomies, gastroesophageal reflux disease treatments, advanced endoscopic procedures, peroral endoscopic myotomies, and more.
- Specialized Pancreatic Care. The Elkins Pancreas Center at the Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center, a department of Baylor St. Luke’s, specializes in the treatment of pancreatic cancer, pancreatitis, and other pancreatic diseases through traditional and minimally invasive surgery, gene therapy, and clinical trials.
- International Referral Center. We treat some of the most complex cases. Patients from all over the world come to Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center each year for GI care.
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, a St. Luke’s Health hospital, has partnered with Baylor College of Medicine to bring world-class physicians, technologies, and research together in the Texas Medical Center to better serve our patients.