The physicians at St. Luke’s Health, including gastroenterologists, surgeons, and radiation oncologists, provide advanced, multidisciplinary care to our patients. For those dealing with colorectal cancer, we use a compassionate, collaborative approach to create a personalized treatment plan.
Some of the treatments and surgeries available for those with colorectal cancer include:
- Polypectomy - cuts the polyp from the colon wall by passing a wire loop through a colonoscope
- Colectomy - removes the diseased area of the colon, then reconnects part of the colon
- Minimally invasive procedures, including:
- Endoscopic mucosal resection
- Endoluminal stent placement
- Radiation therapy