St. Luke's Health has achieved numerous accomplishments and recognitions for providing compassionate, high-quality care. These milestones are a testament to the dedication and commitment put forth every day by our employees.
St. Luke's Health-Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
- Recognized as a Best Hospital for 2017-18 according to U.S. News & World Report, including second in Houston and fourth in Texas.
- The hospital's cardiology and heart surgery program - in partnership with the Texas Heart Institute - is ranked among the top 25 nationally by U.S. News & World Report.
- The Neurology and Neurosurgery service line is ranked among the top 40 in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
- Ranked as one of America's "Best Hospitals" for Cardiology & Heart Surgery in 2014 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Home to the Texas Heart Institute, which has been ranked as one of the nation's top ten centers for cardiology and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report for 24 consecutive years.
- Received the Get with The Guidelines - Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award and the Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Achievement Award from the AAmerican Heart Association/American Stroke Association in 2014 for its exceptional Comprehensive Stroke Program.
- Received a three-year accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission IAC in Nuclear Medicine, Nuclear Cardiology and PET imaging.
- Named as one of the "100 Hospitals, Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs" by Becker's Hospital Review in 2014.
- Four-time ANCC Magnet Designation for Nursing Excellence - the highest honor bestowed to a hospital for nursing - in 2014, 2009, 2005, 2001.
- Completed its 500th liver transplantation in 2013 - more than any other hospital in Houston.
- Completed its 1,000th Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implantation in 2014
- In 2014, became the first Texas hospital using FDA-Cleared FIRMap Catheter to treat patients with arrhythmias.
- Named one of the top 100 hospitals with great heart programs by Becker's Hospital Review in 2014.
- In 2013, was the first hospital in Texas to receive three Beacon Awards for Excellence from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN). Units 7 Cooley A and 7 South 3 both received gold-level designation; unit 7 South 6 unit received silver-level designation -the nation's first nephrology to receive a Beacon Award.
- Became the first hospital in Houston and the second in Texas awarded the International Organization for Standardization's (ISO) ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System certification.
- Re-accredited as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from the Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC) in 2012.
St. Luke's Health-Lakeside Hospital
- In 2014, received the "Texas Hospital Quality Improvement Award" from the TMF Health Quality Institute, the Texas Hospital Association, and the Texas Organization of Rural and Community Hospitals for improving patient care and performance through specific national quality measures.
- Named one of the "Best Places to Work" in 2013, 2012, and 2011 by Modern Healthcare magazine.
- Recognized by Consumer Reports as one of Houston's leading hospitals for surgeries in 2013.
- Received the International Organization for Standardization's (ISO) ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System certification from DNV Healthcare, Inc.
St. Luke's Health-Patients Medical Center
- Received a three-year accreditation in Computer Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Ultrasound (US), and Nuclear Medicine from the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Accredited by Det Norske Veritas (DNV), a deemed authority by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for hospital accreditation.
- Sponsored community events such as the Texas McDonald Invitational Basketball Tournament and the American Heart Association Bay Area Walk.
St. Luke's Health-Sugar Land Hospital
- Winner of the NRC Picker's third annual Path to Excellence Award in 2012 for dedication to improving the patient experience.
St. Luke's Health-The Vintage Hospital
- Named "Best Hospital in Northwest Houston" in 2013, 2014, 2015 by Houston Community Newspapers' annual readers' choice awards and included in the publication's "Best Workplace" list of businesses in Northwest Houston.
- Re-accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) in 2015.
- Re-accredited by the American College of Radiology for CT, MRI, and breast imaging in 2015.
- Named one of "The 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals in the United States" by Soliant Health in 2014.
- Received the coveted ISO 9001:2008 certification in 2014 from Det Norske Veritas (DNV) Healthcare for outstanding customer focus, leadership, processes of approach, and continual improvement.
- Received Distinguished rating in 2013 from the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) Texas Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (TEHDI) program.
- Women's Services department received "Distinguished Rating" from the Texas Department of State Health Service in 2013.
St. Luke's Health-The Woodlands Hospital
- Received the Get with The Guidelines-Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award and the Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association in 2013 and 2015 for its exceptional Comprehensive Stroke Program.
- Designated as a "Pathway to Excellence" hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for its ideal practice environment for nurses in 2014.
- Received national accreditation as a Comprehensive Stroke Center from DNV Healthcare, Inc in 2014.
- Recognized as one of the Best Hospitals in the Piney Woods region of Texas by U.S. News & World Report in 2013-2014 and designated as high-performing in geriatrics.
- Pharmacy Department received "Best Practice Award 2013" and "Site of the Year, 2013" from Comprehensive Pharmacy Services.
- Re-designated as a UnitedHealth Premium Cardiac Services Specialty Center in 2013 for quality care in cardiac surgery, interventional cardiac care, and electrophysiology.
- Awarded the Texas Public Health Association's "Exemplary Five Star Service Award" for three consecutive years (2010, 2011 and 2012)
- Named among top 10 best regional hospitals in the Houston metro area by U.S. News & World Report in 2012.