Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center Volunteer Services
Limited volunteer opportunities are now available in non-patient contact areas.
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center (BSLMC) invites you to become a member of our volunteer team. BSLMC is located in the heart of the Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas- 1101 Bates Avenue. As a volunteer, you will donate time and energy to provide many vital services to our patients and their families, visitors, staff, and the community.
Volunteering has a significant impact on the community and a positive influence on your health, wellbeing, and spirit. Volunteers at BSLMC are part of a unique family that thrives on service and camaraderie.
- Free valet or garage parking
- 10% discount at the hospital’s Bertner Café
- 20% discount at Lori’s Gift Shop
- Letter of recommendation after 100 hours of service
- Annual service recognition
- Free flu shots
- Main Information Desk
- Family Waiting Areas
- Office Assistant in various departments
Become a Volunteer
You must be 18 years or older to volunteer. We do not offer one-time volunteer opportunities. We do not have direct patient/shadowing opportunities available. All volunteers are required to commit to a minimum of 60 hours of service. Volunteers will be asked to commit to serve at least once a week, for a 4 hour shift.
- Online Application
- Interview: Volunteer Services will contact you email to schedule an in-person interview. During the interview, we will discuss your interests and availability to determine placement options
- Health Screening: Following the interview, we will begin a background check and review your immunization records. All volunteers are required to take a drug screening and tuberculosis (TB) test
- Orientation: An orientation day will be scheduled with a member of the Volunteer Services team
- Assignment & Training: Volunteers will be contacted to confirm assigned volunteer area and receive specific training
For more information about volunteering: Call 832-355-2102