Volunteer at CHI St. Luke's Health–Brazosport
CHI St. Luke's Health Brazosport Volunteers have been in existence since October 1958. The organization has grown from sitting with children in the pediatric ward to now serving in multiple areas in the hospital. Our volunteers range in all ages and they make a tremendous difference in the lives of our patients as well as our employees.
There are a variety of volunteer assignments including:
- Helping visitors find just the right gift item in our Gift Shop.
- Delivering newspapers or flowers to our patients.
- Answering questions and greeting customers at the information desk.
- Offering refreshments to our patients and their families.
- Keeping family members informed of their family member during surgery.
- Assisting customers and patients in the emergency waiting room area.
- Assisting with any special projects such as Blood Drives, Community Flu Shot Clinics, and community education programs.
There is a four-step process to becoming a volunteer at CHI St. Luke's Health Brazosport:
I. Schedule a personal interview with the Membership Chairman.
II. Attend a 4 hour Volunteer Orientation program.
III. Complete a required background check, health screening and tuberculosis skin test which is free of charge.
IV. Complete three training sessions in the assigned area.
Commit to volunteer 6 hours per month.
Benefits of Volunteering: The greatest benefit of volunteering at CHI St. Luke's Health Brazosport is the personal satisfaction that comes from making a patient’s stay a little easier. Plus:
- Free parking
- 10% discount in the hospital cafeteria
- Complimentary fountain drink
- Free educational programs and seminars
- Volunteer newsletter
The Junior Volunteer Program at CHI St. Luke's Health Brazosport offers youth ages 14-18 an opportunity to participate in departments throughout the hospital. Junior Volunteers provide hours of valuable service to patients, families, and staff, while gaining experience and self-confidence.
Junior Volunteers will be placed in various areas of the hospital as needed each year.
The Junior Volunteers will undergo an interview process and successful candidates will be contacted. All selected volunteers are required to attend an orientation in June. All volunteers must commit to 6 hours of service per month to fulfill Junior Volunteer requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please call:
Volunteer Office: 979-285-1185
Volunteer Liaison: 979-285-1181