2. Eating Issues
While undergoing breast cancer treatment, you may find yourself losing interest in food. If you’re dealing with a poor appetite, little changes to your diet can go a long way in keeping you healthy.
What you can do:
- Talk with your cancer team to figure out what may be causing your appetite issues.
- Try eating breakfast and frequent, small meals.
- Add high-calorie foods, like pudding, yogurt, milkshakes, or cream-based soups, into your diet.
- Add butter, oil, and syrups to foods to increase calorie intake.
- Use plasticware rather than silverware to reduce the metallic taste you may be experiencing.
- Eat with friends or family members for pleasant conversation.