Our Athletic Trainers at St. Luke’s Health are healthcare professionals who collaborate with physicians to optimize activity and quality of life for both physically active and sedentary patients. As part of our effort to build healthier communities, our Athletic Trainers provide sports medicine outreach services to different schools, organizations, and athletic clubs and teams in our surrounding area.
These services include:
LAT coverage refers to having a licensed Athletic Trainer on site for specific events, competitions, or practice sessions. Athletic training encompasses the prevention, diagnosis, and intervention of emergency, acute, and chronic medical conditions involving impairment, functional limitations, and disabilities. Some areas of expertise of Athletic Trainers include:
- Applying protective or injury-preventive devices such as tape, bandages, and braces
- Recognizing and evaluating injuries
- Providing first aid or emergency care
- Planning and implementing comprehensive rehabilitation programs to prevent injury and illness among athletes
- Keeping records and writing reports on injuries and treatment programs