You may pre-register at the Admissions desk located within the hospital or you can complete the process over the telephone. Please note that you will need to supply the following during the pre-admission process:
- Insurance information
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Phone Number
- Mailing Address
Please schedule a pre-admission appointment with the hospital. We will need to obtain blood tests, EKG’s and/or X-rays, as needed. Additionally, you will meet with a nurse regarding your health history, surgical permit and pre-op and post-op education. You also may be asked to speak to an anesthesiologist.
During this time you will need the following:
- Driver's License or Photo ID
- Social Security Card or Social Security Number
- Insurance Cards
- Physician Orders for your Surgery or Procedure
- A List of All Current Medications
- A List of Allergies/Medical Conditions
- A Copy of Any Advanced Directives or Power of Attorney
DAY OF SURGERY OR PROCEDURE
- Enter through the main lobby of the hospital.
- Report to the front desk at your given time.
- You will be escorted to the Day Surgery Unit.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing and bring someone to drive you home if you are undergoing an outpatient procedure.
- You will be prepped and prepared for your surgery/procedure.
- When ready, you will be taken to the designated unit for your surgery or procedure. Most IV therapies and outpatient procedures are performed in Day Surgery.
- Family members will be directed to the waiting room until your surgery/procedure is completed. At that time they will have the opportunity to speak to your surgeon or doctor for an update on your condition.
POST SURGERY OR PROCEDURE
The final step will depend on what type of surgery/procedure you had performed. You will be taken to one of the following locations:
- Recovery Room
- Admitted to a hospital floor
- Back to Day Surgery
- Discharged and sent home for recovery